When you’re feeling down and the weight of the world is on your shoulders, what’s the one thing that always makes you smile?
Here are a few things that light up my face.
- The sound of my wife’s laugh.
- My dog wagging her tail and rubbing her back on the floor mat in the lounge room.
- The memory of our old dog Gonzo who loved nothing more than hump one of my old school jumpers.
- The memory of my mate and I singing Ice Ice Baby on a cruise ship.
- My mate Russ’s jokes. He’s always got a new one.
- A child’s laughter.
- The words “Thank you.”
- Another smile.
- When a battler achieves something despite the odds.
- Good company around the dinner table.
What makes you smile?
Image: Steven Depolo on Flickr