Tomorrow is the start of a new series of blog posts called 31 things I’m grateful to have in my life. 31 is the number of days in July. When I refer to ‘things’ I mean inanimate objects. People and pets don’t count. Technologies, art and possessions do. Spaces don’t count. I love Jacobs Ladder and San Francisco but they’re not objects.
Each post will explain how the object has changed my life and why I’m grateful to have it.
Here’s the start of my list.
- My Eddie Merckx bicycle,
- The cold tap in my shower,
- The internet,
- My wedding ring,
- My Cliff Street sign,
- My barbecue (even though it’s the worst designed barbecue in the world),
- My passport,
- An autographed poster of Jen Hawkins,
- A book called I Only Love You,
- Uncle Will’s military saddle,
- My joggers,
- Our gas heater,
- My iPhone, and
- My house key.
OK, that’s not 31 but it’s 18 and that will get me a start. I’m sure as the month goes by I’ll come up with new ideas. If you can think of something that I’ve forgotten, let me know.