An online survey, conducted by Postling, of more than 500 real estate professionals in the USA has found:
- 84% of real estate agents use social media.
- 79% use Facebook and 48% use Twitter.
- Most (55%) feel comfortable using social media, while 26% are only somewhat comfortable.
- Agents are missing opportunities by not using video for property marketing.
- 29% of internet searches result in a prospect contacting an agent.
- 45% of searches lead to a prospect walking through an open for inspection.
- Real estate agents are ahead of other industries in the use of Facebook but they’re behind in the use of Twitter and WordPress.
These stats demand agents rethink their web and video strategies.