LinkedIn, while not as “sexy” as Facebook, may be a far more useful tool for professionals. At least that’s the picture painted by LinkedIn’s latest infographic.
The headline numbers from the world’s number three social networking site are:
- There are over 100 million registered LinkedIn members. That many business cards stacked up would be 98,425 feet high or about 3 times the height of Mount Everest. Of course they’d blow over in the wind, but that’s another story.
- The second most represented industry represented on LinkedIn is finance. Real estate agents take note!
- The most common job functions are sales, administrative and academic.
- 72% are 25-54 years old split evenly between 25-24 and 35-54 age groups.
- There are almost 2 million members in Australia, more than Italy at 1.7 million users.