In Rebecca Blood’s Weblog Ethics, Blood proposes guidelines for the development of a personal blogging policy. It’s worth noting that these same policies could also be used as the spine for a corporate blogging policy, after all ethics are ethics.
For the record, Blood’s proposed list includes:
1. Publish as fact only that which you believe is true
2. If material exists online, link to it when you reference it
3. Publicly correct any misinformation
4. Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry
5. Disclose any conflict of interest
6. Note questionable and biased sources.
These are practical and sensible steps and make for sound and reliable blogging on which people can rely. Thanks to Rebecca for putting things so succinctly.