Most agents don’t see themselves as content creators, but they are. In fact, many agents are more prolific at creating online content than a lot of bloggers.
At least to this point agents have treated their property ads as worthless, disposable junk. Their ad writing serves a simple function: get the property sold. Content marketers see things differently. They see what they write as something that can be leveraged to help bring them business over the long term.
With Google now focussing on social and placing more emphasis on establishing the authority of content authors, it’s time for agents to start linking their company websites to their Google+ profiles.
As the good folk at Copyblogger explain:
So, what’s the moral of the story for you — the writer? Why should you care? Well, if you are a content creator who cares about:
- Your reputation
- Your work
- Establishing online authority
- Building an audience (which tends to happen faster on G+ than other social sites)
- Driving more traffic to your website or blog
- Growing your email newsletter subscriber list
- And boosting sales and opportunities
Then you need a Google+ account.
It literally takes seconds to set this up so get cracking now!