The redesign is needed to address two main issues. First, the existing site doesn’t sell well. Initially I wasn’t at all sure what I had to sell but that’s changed. The new design reflects the products I have to offer. The product images will link to sales pages for each.
The original brief was to create something that looked like my existing homepage – I like its clean lines – but the design presented here is quite a departure from that. Still it has merit.
- It’s a bit funky and fun and doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- The image of me along with the adjacent text will rotate through 5 different “offers”.
- Not sure about Technology Coach. I’m thinking more along the lines of…?
- I like that the background is a subtle colour that allows the product elements to stand out.
- “Facebook profile setup” will be replaced with “Facebook page setup”.
- Remove “services” from WordPress Hosting Services”.
- The grey in the WordPress logo and the blue in the Twitter logo to use the colours of the respective company logos, which are more vibrant.
- Add a recycle style arrow element to the Social Media Management image to give demonstrate the way all elements feed to and from one another.
- Add the copyright details into the footer.
- Replace “friends” with Recent Posts.
- Replace Archives with Most Popular.
What’s your first reaction to the site? Do you think it reflects my brand? Would it make you more confident to use my services? I’m keen to hear any feedback, both negative and positive.