If you’re a newcomer to this blog my challenge is to climb Jacob’s Ladder 5000 times and write 365 blog posts this year.
Since my last update I’ve made great progress on my 5000 Lap challenge. Here are the highlights.
- I completed 210 laps in one week. That was a few weeks ago.
- I strained a calf muscle about two weeks ago and that caused me to drop a day. The following days were slow as I allowed the injury to recover.
- I’ve had a few hard workouts where I pumped out 15 laps in 42 minutes.
- The change of weather has been welcome. It’s now much cooler than a month ago but the last couple of days have been hot.
- We desperately need rain in Perth. The vegetation on Jacob’s Ladder look like they need a good drink.
- The inaugural Legend of Jacob’s Ladder is Greg Williams. If you want to nominate someone as a Legend of the Ladder please let me know in a comment below.
- I’ve changed my routine to include other exercises such as pushups, dips and arm curls during the last 5 laps. My average lap times have increased as a result.
- I’m currently at 2245 and will be at the half way point early next month.
- A more detailed progress report is in the table below.
Thanks to everyone who has offered encouragement and support. It’s much appreciated.[table “2” not found /]