This blog has a terrible bounce rate. As I write this it’s 78.57%. That means that 4 out of 5 people who visit my blog read just one page before heading to another site. With that level of bounce it’s no wonder that I’m not converting web traffic to business inquiries. And for someone who makes a living on the web it’s pretty woeful.
Here’s what I’ve done to get things moving in the right direction.
- Added recent posts and recent comments to the sidebar. It appears this hasn’t worked.
- Added the Efficient Related Posts plugin. I was hoping that visitors would see these links (they’re the ones at the bottom of this post) and click through to read the story. It appears this hasn’t worked either.
What I plan to do from here is:
- Get clear on what I’m selling. That will provide a defined pathway to what I want readers to do.
- Add stronger calls to action. At the moment there’s a lot of soft, fluffy stuff. That needs to change.
- Provide a Subscribe function.
- Create better. more compelling headlines. This will give visitors are more compelling reason to click on Related Posts.